Mobile Cinema iPhone
The Vista MobileCinema suite has been extended to include an iPhone app which allows cinema customers to find a cinema near them, browse sessions, select seats and purchase tickets
With the Vista MobileCinema iPhone app customers can look up show times, purchase and store tickets, all from their iPhone. The application also supports reserved seating which allows customers to choose their own seat in the cinema and is integrated with Vista Loyalty to allow customers to accrue points with purchases.
Vista MobileCinema is a great way to boost external ticketing sales, in an increasingly mobile environment.
The app presents an intuitive user interface that is appealing to all users. With a cinema-based colour scheme and an easy-to-use menu structure, the application has been designed with today’s mobile cinema user in mind. Tickets can be purchased by selecting a movie then choosing a cinema playing that movie, or by selecting a cinema then choosing a movie from the list of available show times.
Throughout the booking process cinema customers are provided with options to personalize the app to better suit their needs. Customers have the option to save personal details, payment information and pick their favourite cinema to keep future bookings quick and easy.
The app provides a fast and effective service that reduces wait times and increases the mobility of the entire cinema experience. Built on the flexible and light-weight JSON iPhone framework, the app delivers a seamless experience with even modest internet speeds. This is achieved by storing cinema and session times once upon loading for use later in the booking process. This allows users to browse show times and cinema information without continually waiting for internet connectivity. The fast and reliable nature of the product also makes the application a lot easier to use without the response issues often experienced with web-site based phone ticketing products.
Downloading the app is very easy and usually takes less than a minute. Customers open the iTunes App Store from an iPhone then simply find and download the app. Cinema customers will find the app easily as it is titled and branded for your cinema chain.
The iPhone app comes with all of the features expected when combining the ticketing functionality of Vista with leading edge mobile technology. The app utilises the phones built in GPS to allow users to filter ‘Cinemas close to me’ and uses the cinema address to integrate with Google Maps™ to provide directions from the current location. When selecting seats users can zoom in and out, scroll in all directions and even rotate the iPhone to see the layout in landscape. And instead of simply browsing for a movie users can use the in-built search function. All tickets purchased are held within the account dashboard of the app along with a barcode. This barcode can be used as a reference when picking up the tickets at the cinema.
The functionality of the app is also fully integrated with the Vista Cinema system. Integrated products include Point of Sale, Loyalty, Usherpoint, MobilePOS and Kiosk.
Functionality at a Glance
Viewing Show Times and Purchasing Tickets
- Find a Cinema then a movie
- Users can view all cinemas, cinemas close to them, or their favourite cinemas from the Cinema tab
- Cinemas are listed along with a customizable icon
- Site details can be accessed including address, parking information and GPS coordinates to allow easy linking to Google Maps™ for directions
- Once a cinema is chosen all movies and associated show times for that cinema is displayed
- Find a Movie then a cinema
- Movies available at all cinemas are listed on the Movie tab and include the option to search
- The movies can be listed in a specific order so blockbusters or special events appear first
- Once a movie is chosen all cinemas showing the movie along with associated show times is displayed
- Reserving a Seat
- Customers can reserve seats using the seat map interface
- From the seating map users can zoom in and out, scroll in all directions and tilt the iPhone to view layout in landscape
- The seat map is very flexible and is currently in use for auditoriums as large as 868 seats
- Confirming the Booking
- Customers can save personal details and payment details (except CVV) to accelerate future bookings
- Upon completion the customer receives a confirmation screen with a booking number and barcode allowing them to proceed directly to the auditorium or pickup tickets at a Vista Kiosk
- Customers can access paid tickets, log in or out of loyalty and can clear personal details and payment information
- Loyalty members can access ‘member-only’ ticket types and sessions
- Loyalty members can see points accrued and points balance on the booking confirmation page
- The app can be configured so the customer is prompted to enter ID and password the first time the app runs or customers can skip this step and activate loyalty from the account dashboard